Friday, June 12, 2009

Post No. 1

Welcome All,

I'm trying my hand at blogging my mini-building/painting experiences, so I hope you all bear with me. I'll try to keep the spelling and punctuation as close to correct as I can, but I'm sure I'll mess up more than occasionally in that area.

My local gaming club has some great painters and players in it and several of them are blogging about what they do, so I figure I'd give it a shot too....


A little about my gaming experience:
I have been playing 40K off and on for about two and a half years now.
I paint far more often than I play, but I'd like to change that going forward.
I have 2000(ish) points of Tau that are mostly painted.
I have about 1750 points of Kroot Mercs painted and a couple of 1/13 scale dinosaurs that I use with them for Apocalypse games as a Baneblade and a Gargantuan Squigoth.
I have a smattering of IG that I need to do something with...
I also have the Marines and Orks from the Black reach set that are on the back burner - my girlfriend is painting the orks...

I fell in love with Aeronautica Imperialis from the moment I saw it!
I have a couple hundred points of Chaos and IG and Tau - mostly painted...
For AI terrain:
I traded for some Epic scale buildings and had my son paint them for me.
I've built a near Epic scale oil rig from scratch and magnatized several parts so I can swap them out to show damage


I also have a decent sized American Infantry Company for Flames of War - mostly painted, not based yet.


Me:
I work 40 to 50 hours a week doing data entry and engineering for a Fiber Optics / Telecommunications company and suffer from depression and tendonitis that borders on carpel tunnel.
My 19 year old son lives with me in the World's Smallest Apartment - a 200 square foot studio!!


I plan on using this blog to track my progress through my To-Do list and hopefully help some people with their How-To questions...

No comments:

Post a Comment