Wednesday, October 28, 2009

delays, delays, delays...

I've been off kilter the past few weeks to a month becuase they moved my seating assignment at work and I'm in a high profile, high traffic spot now and don't have the freedom I have had in the past and my general internet usage and posting has been suffering for it...

Two weeks back I decided to do a Psycher Battle Squad for the Kroot as IG army I am building. The models are pretty much straight forward Kroot with the rifles cut away from their hands and the gripping hands drilled out to look like fists. I did a little custom work with the legs by splitting several sets of legs into left and right halves and mixxing those to get static poses; toss in some knee undercuts and a little melting to get one guy who is arching back. I used one of the leg sets for where I was trying to duplicate the IG heavy weapons team pose, so one of the guys is sort of kneeling...

I was going for a look like they were all in agonny (sp?) and I think I hit it pretty well...

I painted all of the last weekend with white primer, then a straight white base coat, I made a wash using Blood Red and about 20 parts water and then two layers of Skull white dry brush to give a sort of albino effect.

I also built up a Primaris Psycher in a similar manner and paitn scheme as the others, but put the komb form his haed on his back like spines and twisted some fine wire around a sewing pin to make coils and glued those into the head. I replaced the rifle in his left had with a bilt of copper tube with an Empire halberd head on it and a little plastic card to bulk out the blade; I also used some kroot rifle bodies as a "power generator" just below the halberd head and a muzzle as butt piece (which made it alot easier to glue things in place and anchor the pole weapon to the base.


As usual, photos to come later...





I nearly forgot to mention, for my regular psychers I used Tau tank commander heads and a push mold to put Kroot beaks on them; the effect is pretty freaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment