Thursday, November 19, 2009

scenic bases

I have been kicking around the idea of making and selling scenic bases for a few months now. Lately I have been working on making some originals and nailing down various lines of base styles. Right now I think I have about 17 different styles between 1 inch squares and 1 inch rounds and maybe about 25 different originals with variations of patterns (skewing and sanding).

My thought is that I will probably go into production in January, do a preliminary run that will get painted and then start advertising. I need to decide if I am going to do an e-bay store or try to set-up a website with a cart system.

I just did a Google search for "scenic bases" and didn't really like most of what I saw. Most of them were selling 5 bases for $5, which is probably less than $1 in materials... I know there is profit to be had, but I'm betting that the business is slow going!

No comments:

Post a Comment