I managed to finish off Brother Captain James' dreadnaught last night...
I cut the aluminum tubes a little shorter and drilled completely through the knee so I could use a much longer central pin to be the major structure for every thing.
Part of doing that included seperating the knee from the pelvis and drilling the holes in the penvis to receive the pin.
I took some thick(ish) copper wire and wrapped it in very thin wire (red magnet wire) to recreate the hydraulic lines. You can see a finished leg here:
The new hydro lines are glued into the holes i drilled previously where the original hydro lines were.
And both finished legs...:
Mounted to the pelvis:
And the finished Dreadnaught - about 3/16" taller: